- There Are No Negative Emotions
- Chasing the Elusive Bliss
- How I Ended My 20-Year Chocolate Binge
- Vivation Coming to Japan!
- Guest Blog: 20 Reasons to Be In Your Body
- Accepting Unwillingness
- Become More Creative with Vivation
- Healing Performance Anxiety with Vivation
- Increasing Personal Power with Vivation
- Vivation and 12-Step programs
Tag Archives: recovery
Excerpted from an article by Stacy Resnick in the Vivation Newsletter, October 1992
There are many, many people involved in the growing 12-step community, including but not limited to Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), Overeaters Anonymous (OA), Codependents Anonymous (CODA), Debtors Anonymous (DA), Narcotics Anonymous (NA) and Gamblers Anonymous (GA). There seems to be an Anonymous group for every addiction, and it seems that nearly everyone has been or is addicted to something.
As Vivation professionals, we know the reasons. Addiction is described as a way to suppress and/or change feelings, an escape. Addictions are anything that we habitually, and probably compulsively, … Continue reading